There is no doubt that electricity is the most essential utilities of the home but at the same, it can be dangerous to not handle properly. Our household routine depends on different kinds of appliances run by electricity. Different kinds of circuits & sockets are also installed in our homes. If these electric appliances used in an unsafe way then it can easily become a source of electrocution or even can cause an electric fire. So, if you want to keep your loved ones & home safe, you need to write down the most useful safety tips & also check them one by one if applied in your home or not.
In this article we would like to share with you the following points:
- What is Electrocution?
- Electrical safety tips
- Ways to help an Electrocuted Victim
Before we will tell you about the electrical safety tips & precautions let’s have a quick overview of the phenomenon f electrocution & its effects & intensity of risk.
What is Electrocution?
Electrocution is an electrical injury that may result in long term illness or sudden death. It happens when electric shocks enter your body & directly affect the blood vessels & nervous system. Victims of electrocution can survive but it purely depends on the intensity of the current. For example, the chances of the victim’s survival increase if he got electrocution due to low voltage current but if he got electrocution due to high voltage current the chances of the survival decreases. Victim so electrocution needs urgent medical treatment & attention otherwise the results can be fatal.
Useful Tips to protect your home
The following are some of the most useful electrical safety tips that will help you to keep your home & loved ones safe & also help to prevent electrical fire incidents in your home.
- The most important electrical safety tip is to never touch any electrical appliance or equipment with wet hands. As you all know the body is a good conductor of electricity & electricity flows faster in water than in any other medium. If you need to work on electric appliances or any other electrical equipment, you need to wear an insulating material before touching electric appliances. For example, gloves made of rubber or plastic.
- If your home has any damages or open electrical wiring you need to cover it immediately. You can cover the damaged part with tape or can use a wooden box around it so it does not remain exposed.
- Another important tip to ensure the safety of your loved ones from electric current is to avoid using any kind of substitute & extension cords at home. Nowadays, everyone is using extension cords in the home which is very dangerous for kids as well as elders. There is another factor that most o we neglect is that the excessive electrical load on an extension cord can be harmful & can also trigger fire at home. So, it is better to avoid using extension cords in your home but if you can’t avoid using them than its better to call an electrician to make sure that wiring is safe.
- The same goes for electrical outlets installed in your home. Sockets in living rooms are basically designed to handle a certain amount of energy. Overloading these sockets with plugging many devices at a time can cause hazardous incidents like explosion, electrocution or fire.
- We also know water or any other liquid conducts electricity, which means that the slightest exposure can be dangerous. Sp, one of the most useful electricity safety precautions for your home is to make ensure that all the wires & plugs around your living rooms do not get wet & especially during the rainy season you need to be extra careful.
By taking note of the tips mentioned above will help you to prevent the incidents of an electrical fire in your home.
How to help the electrocuted victim?
As we mentioned above that the after-effects of an electric shock can be very dangerous sometimes it will cause sudden death or long time illness. However, you can save someone from dying if you know what you need to do in such a situation. If you want to save someone that gets electrocuted at your home, you need to son the following tips as soon as possible to increase their chances of survival:
The very first thing you need to do is to check the source of the shock to shut down or disconnect it. Remember that electric current can easily pass through the victim & also into you from the victim so you need to be extra careful. Before touching the victim you have to cover yourself with an insulating material.
One of the best ways to help an electrocuted victim is to call for help as quickly as possible. The quicker you will call for help, the sooner the help will arrive. Be careful & calm so that you can explain the whole situation properly so that the helpers can understand easily what you are trying to say to them.
The body temperature of the victim fluctuates quickly & they may start to feel cold. In that case, you should wrap them in a thick blanket to make their temperature stable & regulated. Do not abandon the victim & wait for the emergency services.
Note: If the victim has large or untreated wounds, do not cover them when placing a blanket over them. Try to be gentle & polite with them so that you won’t help them.
How Can Izloo Classified Help?
As you all know Izloo Classified provides you the opportunity to post free ads on this site. Izloo classified provides free ads for different kinds of products as well. If you are looking for a product and want to promote your company or business online, you can promote your business by posting an ad here. It is up to you what kind of ad you want to put for your product. We also provide reviews of different products. You can also know about the product quality from those reviews.
Izloo Classified also helps you to find the customer/buyer for your products. Izloo also gives you the opportunity to deal with the buyer or seller of your products face to face. From Izloo Classified paid membership you can also boost up your classified ad and set your ad as featured. This feature will help you to show your ads to maximum people and it will be easy for you to find the right customer/buyer for the products. It is the best platform to promote your business.
If you are looking to buy products online, you also can find reviews of different products here. You can also post an ad here for your product & service. We help you to make the right decision.
Here is the link from where you can Post free ads on our website:
Above we shared some safety tips to protect your home or family in case of any mishap. We hope these tips will help you in need. Stay safe & healthy. If you know other tips except these, feel free to share us via the comments section or if you have any queries related to the article or website feel free to ask us in the comments section below. For more updates stay tuned to the Izloo.com.pk/blog Good luck