The messiest part of the house is Kitchen & that’s why it needs proper maintenance & cleaning. The reason for backsplash tiles is the grease, food gunk & splatter that came from the cooking. It is hard to deep clean the kitchen daily when you have to serve the lunch & dinner in time. You can’t keep the area clean with liquid soap because of the shortage of time. In this blog article, we will share some useful & easy tips that will help you to clean the kitchen backsplash tiles without spending an entire weekend on the cleaning.
How to clean kitchen backsplash tiles
There are different types of backsplash tiles in the kitchen. We will discuss the types of details on how to clean them in the latter part of the article. The tiles used in the kitchen are:
- Glass tiles
- Natural stone tiles
- Ceramic tiles
Let’s discuss how to clean these tiles effectively.
One of the top trends for the kitchen backsplash in 2020 is glass tiles. These tiles also look stunning in the kitchen. These tiles are not only durable but also resistant to mold & mildew. However, these glass tiles surface show fingerprints & grease stains more clearly than other backsplash tiles. So, if your kitchens have glass tiles, follow the following steps to keep your kitchen clean & sparkling:
- Make sure not to use any abrasive material when it comes to cleaning the kitchen backsplash tiles as they might end up in getting scratches that look ugly.
- Use a sponge or soft cloth to clean the kitchen backsplash tiles without getting scratches.
- For making a cleaning mixture, take water & white vinegar in equal parts & fill it in a spray bottle. Spray the mixture on backsplash tiles & wipe it off with a clean soft cloth.
- To remove the scum & stains from the tiles, use a sponge dipped in soap water, wipe the tiles and then wipe off it with a clean wet cloth.
- To clean the calcium &hard water deposits on kitchen tile design, use the mixture of baking soda & white vinegar. First, sprinkle some baking soda on the backsplash & then spray some white vinegar on it. As it bubbles up it will remove the grease & stains from the kitchen glass tiles.
Natural stone tiles
It is not only easy to maintain natural stone tiles but also these are resistant to mold & mildew. Stone backsplash tiles also give the kitchen a rustic look. Moreover, these tiles can handle high temperatures. Therefore, using natural stone tiles for the kitchen is the best one.
One of the major disadvantages of installing the natural stone backsplash tiles in the kitchen is that these tiles accumulate food dunk & grime. You need to clean these tiles regularly to avoid breeding cockroaches & other kitchen insects & pets.
To clean the natural stone tiles follow the following steps:
- Do not use any abrasive material to clean the natural stone tiles as it can leave marks & scratches on the backsplash tiles.
- If you want to clean the crevices use a soft brush & dip it in soap water.
- Do not use vinegar, lemon & any other acidic materials on limestone or marble as it dims the color of it.
- To clean the grease stains, sprinkle some banking soda on the wet surface & let it sit for 30 minutes. Now you can remove the stains from the tiles using a soft brush or a soft wet cloth. Repeat the process again & again until the grease stains are completely removed from the natural stone tiles.
Ceramic tiles look neat & clean and usually easy to maintain. You can spot a stain from your recent cooking easily from afar. These tiles need more cleaning regularly and also need your time.
To clean the ceramic tiles follow the following steps:
- Do not use vinegar on these tiles as it can cause discoloration.
- To clean the ceramic tiles make a mixture of mild detergent with hot water and add it in a spray bottle. Spray the mixture on ceramic tiles and mop it clean with a soft cloth. Before using the spray, make sure to check it on a hidden area to be sure that the sheen on the ceramic tiles does not go away.
- To remove the tough stains, make a mixture with an equal amount of white vinegar & water & keep it in a spray bottle. Sprinkle some baking soda on the surface & spray the mixture. After sometime wipe it down with a clean wet cloth.
- If the stains on the ceramic tiles are tough then make a mixture with a teaspoon of baking soda, 1 cup vinegar, some liquid detergent & 3 cups of mater. Shake the mixture well & keep it in a spray bottle. Sprinkle it on the tough stains & let it rest for few minutes. After that wipe down the area with a clean cloth.
How to Clean Grout
Removing dirt from the grout is one of the most difficult tasks when it comes to clean the kitchen backsplash tiles. Use a mixture of white vinegar & hot water in an equal amount to clean the grout surface regularly. Spray the mixture & allow it to sit for a few minutes. Now, take a soft toothbrush & gently scrub off the stains. If the stains are tougher sprinkle some baking soda & spray the vinegar mixture. If still not working then use ¼ cup of bleach in ¾ cup of water. Use a soft brush to clean the grout & then wipe the surface dry.
How Can Izloo Classified Help?
As you all know Izloo Classified provides you the opportunity to post free ads on this site. Izloo classified provides free ads for cleaning agents as well. If you are looking from where to best cleaning agents or want to promote your business online, you can promote your business by posting an ad here. It is up to you what kind of ad you want to put for your product. We also provide reviews of different products. You can also know about the product quality from those reviews.
Izloo Classified also helps you to find the customer/buyer for your products. Izloo also allows you to deal with the buyer or seller of your products face to face. From Izloo Classified paid membership you can also boost up your classified ad and set your ad as featured. This feature will help you to show your ads to maximum people and it will be easy for you to find the right customer/buyer for the products. It is the best platform to promote your business.
If you are looking to buy products online, you also can find reviews of different products here including vehicles, furniture, accessories, property, jobs & all kinds of services. You can also post an ad here for your product & service. We help you to make the right decision.
Here is the link from where you can post free ads on our website:
The process of posting an ad is very simple. You simply need to create an account on Izloo & after approval, you can start posting ads. Well, for starters ad posting is limited but if you want to post more ads, you need to upgrade your account. For more details visit:
Above we mentioned some easy & useful tips to clean backsplash tiles of the kitchen. If you have already tried these steps, please feel free to share your reviews, opinion, or experience with us via the comments section below. If you know tips than these & have queries related to the article or website feel free to ask us in the comments section below. Your feedback means a lot to use & it will also help us in improving our blog. For more updates stay tuned to the Izloo.com.pk/blog Good luck