Choosing the right tool for cooking is an important decision as it directly impacts the functionality of your kitchen area. For decades, we are using gas cooktops for cooking & baking as there were not many options available in the past. However, during the past few years because of the electromagnetic induction technology different types of the cooking range, electric ovens & stove have been introduced. Also, the number of using electric ovens & cooking ranges are increasing day by day.
So, if you are also planning to buy a new cooktop for your kitchen & confused about which one to buy either gas or electric, then this blog entry will help you to make the right decision.
In this blog entry, you will learn:
- How Gas vs. Electric Stove Work
- Pros & Cons of Gas Stoves
- Pros & Cons of Electric Stoves
- Price Comparison of Electric vs. Gas Stove
Let’s discuss the above-mentioned points in detail.
How Gas vs. Electric Stove Work
To compare the functionality of both stoves, let’s take a look at how these kitchen tools work one by one.
How Gas Stove Works
It is a cooktop or stoves that are fuelled by some kind of mixture of gases. In Pakistan, mainly natural gas & LPG is used for this purpose. Natural gas is supplied to households through a network of gas pipelines & if the area has no natural gas connection, they used LPG that is stored in the gas cylinders.
How Electric Stove Works
Unlike gas stoves, electric stoves do not produce flames, instead, they work with electricity. The electric stove has an integrated heating mechanism based on electric induction when electricity passed through a wire inside the stove the surface of the stove or cooktops heated up & hence the things also heated or cooked. The most refined forms of electric stoves are the induction stoves. Its upper surface is equipped with glass-ceramic.
Now, you have learned about how gas & electric stoves work. Let’s learn some pros & cons of gas & electric stove.
Pros & Cons of Gas Stoves
Let’s find out what are the major advantages of using gas stoves in homes.
Pros of using Gas Stove at Home
- Durability is one of the major advantages of using gas stoves. Gas stoves are made with metal grates which are sturdy & highly durable. That’s why they do not get scratched or breaks easily.
- Gas stoves are cookware friendly. They work with different types of cooking utensils like pans & pots.
- Gas stoves also allow instant control of temperature & heat. You can quickly & easily turn up or down the flame. You can easily heat up or cool down the things without spending extra time unlike on an electric stove.
- The main difference between a gas stove & an electric stove is the price factor. Gas stoves in Pakistan are usually cheaper as compared to electric stoves.
These are some of the key advantages of using gas stoves at home in Pakistan. Let’s find about the disadvantages of using a gas stove at home.
Cons of using Gas Stove at Home
- Turning a gas stove on can be a little risky as compared to an electric stove as there is always a chance of a gas leak.
- Gas may result in a greasy surface that can easily be caught fire in the worst-case scenario.
- If your home is too airy, the fast blowing mind may easily put out the flame of your gas burner.
Pros & Cons of Electric Stoves
Now, you will learn some advantages & disadvantages of using an electric stove at home.
Pros of using Electric Stove at Home
- One of the advantages of an electric stove is its efficiency. The mechanism of electrical induction heats more as compared to the gas.
- The major difference between gas & electric stoves is the consistency in cooking temperatures. Electric cooking ranges perform better than gas stoves.
- Another advantage of using an electric stove is that the kitchen temperature remains the somewhat same as there is no flame used for cooking.
- Electric stoves look more stylish as compared to gas stoves. That is why they can be easily used in modern kitchens.
Above we shared some of the advantages of using electric stoves at home. Let’s now have a look at some of the disadvantages of using an electric stove at home.
Cons of using Gas Electric at Home
- The very first thing you notice is the cost. Electric stoves not only cost more than gas but also result in higher electricity bills.
- Despite the high consistency in temperatures, electric stoves cook food slower than gas stoves due to the absence of actual flames.
- The glass-ceramic surface of the electric stove can be stained or scratched easily. It can also spoil the look of your entire modern kitchen.
Price Comparison of Electric vs. Gas Stove
Above we mentioned what s the difference between gas stove & electric stove, advantages & disadvantages of using electric & gas stove at home. We will now compare the prices of both types of stoves available in Pakistan. Price is one of the most essential factors when it comes to choosing between gas & electric stove.
Gas Stove Price in Pakistan
In Pakistan, the gas stoves price range from PKR 2500 to 4000.
Electric Stove Price in Pakistan
As discussed above, the eclectic stoves may be a bit costly than gas stoves, which is why the electric stoves price range from PKR 4000 to 7000.
These are the major advantages & disadvantages of using electric & gas stoves at home. We hope the latest information provided in this blog will help you in choosing the right cooking tool for your kitchen.
How Can Izloo Classified Help?
As you all know Izloo Classified provides you the opportunity to post free ads on this site. Izloo classified provides free ads for the property & electrical & kitchen appliances as well. If you are looking from where to kitchen appliances or want to promote your kitchen appliances business or services online, you can promote your business by posting an ad here. It is up to you what kind of ad you want to put for your product. We also provide reviews of different property dealers. You can also know about the dealer’s authenticity from those reviews.
Izloo Classified also helps you to find the customer/buyer for your property. Izloo also allows you to deal with the buyer or seller of your products face to face. From Izloo Classified paid membership you can also boost up your classified ad and set your ad as featured. This feature will help you to show your ads to maximum people and it will be easy for you to find the right customer/buyer for the property. It is the best platform to promote your business.
If you are looking to buy products online, you also can find reviews of different products here including vehicles, furniture, accessories, property, jobs & all kinds of services. You can also post an ad here for your product & service. We help you to make the right decision.
Here is the link from where you can post free ads on our website:
The process of posting an ad is very simple. You simply need to create an account on Izloo & after approval, you can start posting ads. Well, for starters ad posting is limited but if you want to post more ads, you need to upgrade your account. For more details visit:
Above we mentioned some differences between gas & electric stove, which one you should have to buy based on many factors. If you have already faced these issues, please feel free to share your reviews, opinion, or experience with us via the comments section below. If you have any queries related to the article or website feel free to ask us in the comments section below. Your feedback means a lot to use & it will also help us in improving our blog. Hope this blog entry will help you in some ways. For more updates stay tuned to the Izloo.com.pk/blog Good luck