Whether you are buying an old phone or a brand new one make sure it is approved by Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) as Non-PTA approved mobile devices are blocked after a certain period. It means you are unable to use your mobile devices with any of the mobile networks within Pakistan. So, if you want to keep using your unregistered mobile device in Pakistan, you need to get registered them with PTA. You can register or verify mobile devices IMEI number in several ways.
Before we discuss any process regarding the verification of mobile devices you need to know about the following things:
- What is an IMEI number?
- How to check your mobile device’s IMEI number
- How to verify your mobile device’s IMEI number
- PTA Device Verification System
- PTA IMEI Check via SMS
- PTA IMEI Check via Website
- PTA IMEI Check via App
- PTA mobile Registration Check
- Import Duties on mobile devices
What is an IMEI number?
Do you know what the full form of IMEI is? If not, it is International Mobile Equipment Identity. IMEI is a number that is used for identifying mobile devices. IMEI number consists of 15 digits & the serial number is unique for every mobile device.
How to check your mobile device’s IMEI number
Whether you are using an iPhone or android mobile you can easily find your mobile’s IMEI number if you look around. For the iPhone, it is written on the back of the mobile device.
As android comes with a removable back cover, you can find a mobile device’s IMEI number underneath the battery of your mobile device beside the mobile card jack or sim card tray. These numbers are also printed on mobile devices boxes.
How to verify your mobile device’s IMEI number
Looking for a way to verify mobile device’s IMEI number, follow the following simple steps:
- First, open the dialer of your mobile device
- Dial the code: *#06#
- As soon as you dial the code, your mobile device’s IMEI number prompted on the screen
- In case if you are using two sims in your mobile devices, you will see two different IMEI’s. Each mobile number its IMEI
Note: Above mentioned process is for both iPhone & Android users. Follow the steps closely if you want to verify your mobile device.
PTA Device Verification System
Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) introduced different ways of verifying mobile devices to facilitate mobile device users. The process is known as PTA Device Verification System (DVS) or the Device Identification, Registration & Blocking System (DIRBS).
Different Ways to verify your mobile device with PTA
There are different ways of verifying your phone with PTA. That includes
- IMEI verification via SMS
- IMEI verification via Website
- IMEI verification via Mobile App
PTA IMEI Check via SMS
Follow the following useful tips to verify your mobile device with PTA using SMS:
- The official 4-digit PTA number to verify your mobile device’s IMEI is 8484.
- You can fetch your IMEI number via the method mentioned above.
- Text the IMEI number of your mobile device & wait for a reply.
- After a few seconds, you will receive a reply from PTA.
- It will tell your either your mobile device is registered with PTA or not.
- You will receive a message from PTA both in English & Urdu for better understanding.
PTA IMEI Check via Website
If you are looking for a way to verify mobile device IMEI via the website, there is a dedicated webpage or domain for it. Follow the step by step process to check whether your mobile device is registered or not.
- First, you need to log on to the PTA Mobile verification website.
- Scroll down a bit & you will see a bar.
- Enter your 15 digit mobile device IMEI number.
- Now click on the” check” button & after a while, you will get the result of your mobile device registration
Note: For proper result, try to access the PTA mobile verification website from desktop-only & if you are using mobile, you can use mobile PTA verification app.
PTA IMEI Check via App
If you just bought a new mobile & check either the device is registered trough PTA or not, you can do it via using the PTA mobile verification app.
- First, you need to download the PTA mobile verification app on your mobile device.
- You can download it from the play store or app store of the mobile. PTA mobile verification app is free to download.
- In the device verification section of the app, you will see a bar similar to the one you see in the desktop version of the website. You can enter a 15 digit IMEI number here.
- If you do not want to type, you can use the scan of the IMEI number using the scan number option of the app.
- After entering data or scanning the IMEI number, you will get the result of whether the mobile device is registered through PTA or not.
PTA mobile Registration Check
We have prepared a list of important things that you need to keep in your mind when verifying your mobile device with PTA through DRIBS:
There are only three ways of verifying your phone with PTA.
Do not go after the shady dealers who claim they will verify your mobile device. By doing so, you will not only waste your money but also time. Even if anyone somehow able to unlock your mobile phone, it will get blocked again at any time.
You have only a few weeks to register your mobile device with PTA after you import it from abroad.
Import Duties on mobile devices
Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) sends multiple massages before blocking any mobile device. If you want to import a mobile device or missed out on the message sent by PTA regarding duties on the phone, we have prepared a list for you to help you out.
|Mobile Devices Value (US Dollars)||Import Duty in PKR|
|Up to 30||130|
|Above 30 & up to 100||200|
|Above 100 & up to 200||1680|
|Above 200 & up to 350||1740|
|Above 350 & up to 500||5400|
How Can Izloo Classified Help?
As you all know Izloo Classified provides you the opportunity to post free ads on this site. Izloo classified provides free ads for selling mobile devices as well. If you are looking from where to buy a used or brand new mobile device or want to promote your business online, you can promote your business by posting an ad here. It is up to you what kind of ad you want to put for your product. We also provide reviews of different products. You can also know about the product quality from those reviews.
Izloo Classified also helps you to find the customer/buyer for your products. Izloo also allows you to deal with the buyer or seller of your products face to face. From Izloo Classified paid membership you can also boost up your classified ad and set your ad as featured. This feature will help you to show your ads to maximum people and it will be easy for you to find the right customer/buyer for the products. It is the best platform to promote your business.
If you are looking to buy products online, you also can find reviews of different products here including vehicles, furniture, accessories, property, jobs, mobile phones, electronics & all kinds of services. You can also post an ad here for your product & service. We help you to make the right decision.
Here is the link from where you can post free ads on our website:
The process of posting an ad is very simple. You simply need to create an account on Izloo & after approval, you can start posting ads. Well, for starters ad posting is limited but if you want to post more ads, you need to upgrade your account. For more details visit:
Above we mentioned some easy & useful steps on verifying mobile devices with PTA. We hope after reading this blog article you can easily verify your mobile device with PTA. If you have already verified your mobile device using the above-mentioned steps, please feel free to share your reviews, opinion, or experience with us via the comments section below. If you have queries related to the article or website feel free to ask us in the comments section below. Your feedback means a lot to use & it will also help us in improving our blog. For more updates stay tuned to the Izloo.com.pk/blog & do not forget to subscribe to our email newsletter to receive all the latest updates from our blog section of the website daily. Good luck