Environmental Issues are increasing day by day in the majority of the countries. And Unfortunately, Pakistan is one of the top countries who is facing a lot of environmental issues which can be dangerous for the life of the human. Pakistan is facing lots of environmental issues like water pollution, climate changes, air pollution, deforestation, noise pollution, population growth, excess use of plastic bags and water shortage. These issues need to be resolved as soon as possible to save human life and country. Let us discuss these issues one by one in detail and talk about their solutions.
- Water Pollution
Water Pollution is one of the major problems in Pakistan. We don’t have clean water for drinking and a lot of health issues in Pakistan rise with polluted water.
There are several main causes of water pollution.
- Old-fashioned Irrigation system
- Air pollution
- No Proper waste management
- Lack of storage for water
- Wastage of water
- No proper sewerage system
- Water issues with India
- We need to implement a new irrigation system.
- We need to have a proper sewerage system
- We need to get rid of air pollution
- We should be careful about the wastage of water in domestic consumption
- We should plant new trees and stop cutting down trees.
- Air Pollution:
Air pollution is another dangerous and serious environmental issue being faced by Pakistan. And it has been causing serious health issues since the past few years.
- Toxic and dangerous gases released by factories.
- Emission of carbon from vehicles
- Factories should find another way to release toxic and dangerous gas to prevent air pollution.
- Use of vehicles should be minimum to prevent air pollution plus it will promote health and fitness as well.
- Trees should be planted more and more to keep the air clean for breathing.
- Waste Management
Waste management is another major issue in Pakistan. People here in Pakistan are so unhygienic. They throw the waste anywhere. And our municipal corporations are so lazy, they let the waste dumped openly in streets, grounds, and on roads. And hospitals and factories don’t dispose of the waste completely and let it get mixed with water which pollutes the water in lakes and rivers which is so dangerous for human life.
- Waste not properly disposed of by hospitals and factories
- No proper waste management
- Lack of dustbins in streets and colonies
- The carelessness of people throwing waste everywhere
- No proper allocated areas for waste
- Hospitals and factories should properly dispose of their waste to prevent environmental pollution and serious health issues.
- Proper areas should be allocated to throw waste
- People should not throw their waste anywhere. Everyone needs to be more careful at their ends to resolve this issue.
- Municipals corporation should work more actively and frequently to prevent pollution.
Deforestation means less amount of forest in Pakistan. Cutting of trees is another major environmental issue which is causing other alarming environmental issues.
- Domestic Consumption
- Load shedding and electricity crisis
- Commercial benefits
- Cutting of trees should be stopped to prevent air pollution, noise pollution, global warming and reduces the sides effects of climate changes.
- The government should plant new trees
- Increase in Population
Increasing population in cities is more challenging. Increasing population in cities lead to environmental pollution as well which is dangerous for health. Along with that, it demands more facilities like houses, medication and health facilities, transportation and food from the government which is hard for the government of Pakistan to fulfill as Pakistan is going through a lot of other crisis.
- Forestation should be increased in cities which are overcrowded to prevent environmental pollution.
- Excess use of Plastic bags
Excess use of plastic bags is another cause of environmental pollution. Use of Plastic bags is very dangerous for health. And they take a lot of time to break down. Government of Pakistan has made a proper announcement to ban the use of plastic bags in Pakistan. But people are not following it.
- Government of Pakistan should strictly take action against people who are still using plastic bags to resolve this issue.
Pakistan is dealing with a lot of other crisis, so environmental issues should be resolved as soon as possible to prevent human life from dangerous diseases and health issues. And it is not only the responsibility of the government of Pakistan but it is the duty of every citizen of Pakistan to keep the environment clean and try to do best to resolve environmental issues.